Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I went and I wish I went

Went: Miike Snow at Mercury Lounge. I had forgotten how much I love that venue. It is super intimate. The band was rockin'. It boggles my mind how people can go to a show like that and not dance. New York audiences, why are you so stiff?

Wish I went: Loudun Wainright III with Rufus, Martha, The Roches and some other special guests played the Highline Ballroom last night. They performed music from Loudon's latest album High Wide & Handsome: The Charlie Poole Project. I'm sure the show was super sweet.
Wish I went: Kings of Convenience on Sept. 10th at Bowery Ballroom. Too bad the show had to coincide with F'sNO. John Pareles' review of the show in the NYTs killed me- an acoustic set so quiet cameras could be heard ( photographers had to be asked to stop taking pictures) and a from the audience vocal guest, Leslie Feist- is (one of) my idea(s) of musical perfection.
Wish I went: Trey Anastasio and the New York Philharmonic at Carnagie Hall on September 12th. I love Trey. The New York Times' review, this time by Steve Smith, really made me feel like an ass for not getting there. This too, is (one of) my idea(s) of musical perfection.

2 comments: