Monday, May 18, 2009

Photo Essay: Dance + Parade

There was a Dance Parade Saturday in the East Village. It was awesome- as the combination of two of life's greatest pleasures, dancing and parades- aught to be. I went with my friend Lindsay (she's tall, works part time as a barista and sometimes scores free croissants from work). Saturday was my favorite kind of day, the kind that just gets progressively nicer. The parade ended in Tomkin's Square park where Lindsay and I took part in a public Bhangra dance lesson (which I think is as close as I'll ever get to experiencing a real life Bollywood dance sequence out of the blue like the closing sequence in Slumdog Millionaire). My last photo is of Lindsay learning a very integral Bhangra move. Following the parade, Lindsay got a bike, for about 170.00$ all in, which is pretty awesome for this island we live on. Following the bike purchase and just in time for that magic hour before the sun sets, Lindsay, Bill, and I played a pretty kick ass game of scrabble on her roof. Lindsay won, but only by a few points.

No comments:

Post a Comment