Monday, April 20, 2009

same same but different


Granit is from Sweden. Its is awesome. I purchased 2 of my favorite items at Granit while visiting Stockholm with my friend Josh. Josh is hilarious, brilliant and a really great sport when it comes to my need to look in every single store and my love of picking out clothes for him, especially skinny jeans. Back to my purchases- I acquired an amazing, deconstructed black v neck sweatshirt and a massive grey jersey baby bjorn that I wear as a scarf almost every single day. I always get compliments on the scarf (the picture is a detail of the bjorn wrapping instructions printed on it). The recent Missoni collection with all the layers and scarfs and drapey things reminded me of my scarf. (http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/F2009RTW-MISSONI).

Muji is from Japan. It is also awesome. Muji and Granit share a clean, minimalist aesthetic, a specific example of a unique similarity between Japanese and Scandinavian design. I first went to Muji in Paris on my father's recommendation (when it comes to all design related things my dad always point me in the right direction) and totally fell in love. Every time I saw one while I was in Japan I checked it out. I was pumped when they started opening in New York and especially pumped when one opened 2 blocks away from me on my street. I'm pretty sure my heavy canvas tote from Muji is the current It bag.
I think I can safely that that Granit and Muji are two of my favorite shops. Ch ch check them out- I bet you'll dig them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment