Wednesday, April 22, 2009

tempeh surprise









John and I love this meal. I think I make it at least once a week. The days I get to bring tempeh surprise (John invented the name) leftovers to work are always good ones. I got the recipe from Fresh at Home- a cookbook from the restaurant Fresh in Toronto http://www.freshrestaurants.ca/. I follow the recipe pretty loosely, but it always turns out delicious. Sometimes I make it with brown rice, sometimes with soba noodles. And depending on what I have lying around I will either make a tahini dressing or a sunflower seed dressing. I think it is the combination of the saltyness from the marinade on the tempeh, the creamyness of the dressing and avocado, the acidity of the tomato and the sweetness of the pear that make this meal so damn good. Plus, eating steamed broccoli, kale, bok choy and or cabbage will make you feel insta-healthy no matter how much cheap beer and or whiskey you have consumed. My camera battery was dying when I took the pictures, I think it really affected their quality. I was hoping for something like the images on http://www.smittenkitchen.com/ but that totaly did not happen, she (my camera) fully died right when eveything was done- so sadly there is no final shot of my culinary masterpiece.







1 comment: